The client, a US consumer electronics brand, was formulating a strategy to expand the presence of its audio products in the China market, to kick off in 18 months. To map out a well-informed national roll-out / expansion strategy, the brand needed to understand the potential market size and opportunity, consumer habits and preferences across regions and cohorts; regional distribution challenges and best practices; and key competitor business models for each of their audio product segments
• Evaluated overall market sizes, key players, and distribution channels for each of the audio product categories, as well as research into the growth of category drivers such as rising electronics consumption, internet/computer/mp3 usage, etc.
• Understood the importance of audio to various consumer cohorts, the drivers of consumer preferences and demand for audio products, successful and unsuccessful business models, and distribution challenges and best practices throughout the country
• Mapped out detailed competitor profiles to understand competitor value chains, business models, distribution models, and brand strategies
• SmithStreet conducted in-depth interviews with more than 90 respondents, including experts, retailers & distributors and manufacturers across 10 cities in China, from Tier 1 cities, to inland Tier 2 and 3 cities such as Changsha and Nanning
• SmithStreet conducted quantitative consumer survey among Tier 1,2&3 cities, to determine how consumer buying habits, device usage, preferences and value perceptions vary across regions and key consumer cohorts
To discuss how our team can help your business achieve true results, pleaseContact Us
SmithStreet provides you source for today’s leading business ideas. Our content explores the topics critical to China market today.