SmithStreet’s B2B Practice assists clients with their China growth strategies, supporting in efforts ranging from purchasing behavior to commercial due diligence.
The environment for B2B products and services in China is unique and in a state of continual reinvention, as companies look for opportunities both organically, through existing and aspirational customer segments, and inorganically, through M&A target searches. To maximize your success in this market, we believe it takes clear market knowledge from both industry and customer perspectives.
In this data environment, where everything may not be as it seems, it’s critical that businesses take an investigative, bottom up approach to gain a deeper understanding of the drivers and factors at play. As a firm, we pride ourselves in aligning with our clients and striving for the mutual goal of gaining clarity and designing growth strategies that can be pursued with confidence.
We work with clients who are entering the market for the first time, as well as those who are looking for new opportunities to grow their existing business, and offer end-to-end strategy consulting services from initial market evaluation to implementation. Some of the typical issues we help our clients to solve include:
Ingredients (Market Assessment) - Know Market Well
• Uncovering national and local regulatory requirements and processes
• Sizing your total market opportunity, or pockets of opportunity
• Identifying and mapping the financial capabilities of your target customers and the level of influence of government policies and reimbursement
• Understanding both met and unmet consumer needs, usage and purchasing behavior, and best approaches to channels
Menu (Strategic Planning) - Map Plan Out
• Determining the right entry or growth strategy, and implications for your business model
• Setting the right price for the China market
• Evaluation of localization adjustments / product development needs
• Mapping out the optimal distribution network, leveraging traditional and non-traditional (e.g., e-commerce) sales channels
• Building a business case for China market entry through self-operation
Dishes (Implementation) - Get Things Done
• Determining the optimal organization structure for market entry/growth
• Finding the right partners for entry or growth
• Validating the suitability of potential acquisition or partnership targets through investigative commercial due diligence
While we have worked with clients across a broad spectrum of consumer goods, we have developed particular expertise in several categories:
• Industrial equipment
• Monitoring instruments (e.g., water and air)
• Corporate IT communications
• Information and publishing
• Food ingredients
• Construction materials
Please see our previous work in "OUR CASES" and request Chinese version by email
To discuss how our team can help your business achieve true results, pleaseContact Us
SmithStreet provides you source for today’s leading business ideas. Our content explores the topics critical to China market today.