The founders of SmithStreet lived on Smith Street in Brooklyn, New York (before that was the cool thing to do) and planned to start a business. Along the way, we picked up co-conspirators, and have continued to do so since establishing the company in 2007. We never planned for our entrepreneurial journey to result in building the leading boutique strategy consulting firm in China, but we believe that even though the opportunity for selling to the Chinese market is in plain sight, we are still early in its development curve. Companies need to develop, implement, and adjust their corporate strategy to meet the biggest market opportunity we will see in our careers. In order to serve our client’s corporate strategy, we believe in an innovative, unique philosophy that is tailored to address the challenges of the China market:
• We realize that in order to best serve our clients with their go-to-market China strategy, we need insights that are relevant, detailed, and put into context
- We don’t trust secondary information in China – it is unreliable
- We don’t let other agencies do work we should do; because of our bottom-up approach, we capture every detail
• We don’t believe that consulting skills are a “sacred fire” that only a few elite people with perfect hair and teeth from perfect backgrounds can practice; it is a craft that we can deliberately share with ambitious and creative people in China; some of whom also happen to have nice hair and teeth
- Our consultants have limitless abilities and are motivated by the opportunities they have at SmithStreet
- Developing business talent is our contribution to the development of China
• We passionately believe that the Chinese customer (be it another business, government, or an individual consumer) is better served with more market options, and we will do all we can to help our multinational clients better compete for customer choice
• We like to discover market insight and we like solving problems, but we love getting things done and putting our mark on the Chinese marketplace; we will push our clients to do work that will result in implementation: a 200 page report doesn’t serve anyone’s interest
Our story is still evolving and we appreciate the opportunity for you to be part of our journey as clients, colleagues, and advocates.
To discuss how our team can help your business achieve true results, pleaseContact Us
SmithStreet provides you source for today’s leading business ideas. Our content explores the topics critical to China market today.